What is an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)?

The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is a document issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to certify that a Filipino domestic worker has employment abroad. The document is also commonly known as the Exit Permit. 

The OEC is required when your worker is exiting the Philippines for a destination country. Workers may be turned away at their own border if they do not have an OEC. A work permit in Malaysia is not sufficient to prove a worker’s employment at the Philippines Airport. Be sure to obtain an OEC at the Philippines Embassy prior to your worker’s return to the Philippines for a holiday. 

Don’t have time for this? Pinkcollar can assist you in obtaining an OEC at your convenience. Get in touch with us today!

Pinkcollar is a professional recruitment agency to hire foreign domestic workers with ethical sourcing and hiring practices. To hire with us, fill in 

Comments are closed.