What is a Check Out Memo?

If your worker’s employment is ending (end of contract or termination), you will be required to complete a Check Out Memo at Immigration to remove her employment records from you. The check out memo is only effective if your worker leaves the country as planned. If your worker fails to board her intended flight and … Read more

How do I renew my worker’s work permit?

It’s easy to renew your worker’s work permit in Malaysia.  First, check if your worker needs to do a FOMEMA medical examination to renew her permit this year. The FOMEMA exam is required in the first three years of your worker’s employment with you, and every alternate year thereafter. After determining that this is required, … Read more

What is an OEC?

The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is a document issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to certify that a Filipino domestic worker has employment abroad. The document is also commonly known as the Exit Permit.  The OEC is required when your worker is exiting the Philippines for a destination country. Workers may be turned … Read more

How do I renew my Filipino worker’s POEA Contract?

To hire a Filipino domestic worker in Malaysia (or any other country where Filipinos are employed), you will need to abide by the regulations of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA). This includes registering a POEA standard form employment contract with the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO) in Malaysia.  If it is your first renewal, … Read more

What is a Special Pass?

A Special Pass is a discretionary permit issued by Malaysian Immigration for a period of 30 days to allow your worker to legally remain in the country after the expiry of her work permit. It is commonly applied for when employers are waiting for a new worker(s) to arrive. You may apply for the special … Read more